Welcome to In Mum’s good books – a website, blog and podcast dedicated to recommending books for busy Mums to enjoy. As a Mum I find it difficult to make time to read, but I enjoy it and know how good it is for me! I rely on recommendations from other Mums because most of them want the same out of a book as I do: a book that’s easy to read (so if I get interrupted it won’t matter), a page turner, that takes me away to another place and takes my mind off life for just a little while.
So kick back with a cuppa of your choice and check out all the latest books and reviews for busy Mum’s like yourselves.
Here are the rest of the things she spoke about:
- Joe Cinque’s Consolation, a true story of death, grief, and the law by Helen Garner
- The Scarlett Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
- Nora Roberts – all things Nora but particular reference to The Villa
- Jo Nesbo
- Candice Fox
- Nick Earls – ZigZag Street, World of Chickens
- Tashi series
- Jokey’s birthday party
- Olivia the pig – opposites
- Orange pear apple bear by Emily Gravett
Follow Lou on Twitter.